(WVUE) - Nearly all local kids are enjoying their last few days of summer break.
But their parents are looking for those last-minute back-to-school essentials.
- For many kids across the area, the school year means uniforms. Polo shirts, khaki pants, and slacks are common.
- While some schools require see-through backpacks, for those that don't, it's a chance to throw in some personality. Backpack trends include bold patterns and leather accents.
- As education involves more technology, what might other high-tech accessories might students use? Tablet cases and chargers.
- For the classroom, how can you incorporate some fun into everyday supplies? Special notebooks and planners.
- Parents can't forget about dorms! College kids will also start heading back to school in the coming weeks. Trendy lamps and other pieces of small pieces of home décor.