NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - LaToya Cantrell made history when she became the first female mayor of The City of New Orleans.
Cantrell said during her campaign that in order to fix the city's crime problem, she would first need to make sure the best candidate is in the police chief's seat.
Here is her plan to combat crime in the city:
- Conduct nationwide and local search for best police chief.
- Reassess existing public safety plan
- Setting clear criteria and goals for police chief to uphold and be accountable for
- Increasing frequency of police academy classes annually
- Re-evaluate morale of the police department
For a recap of Fox 8 Local First's Campaign 2017 coverage, click here.