NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - LaToya Cantrell made history when she became the first female mayor of The City of New Orleans.
Cantrell said that she has to make sure effective leadership is in place at the department in order to "make whole" residents affected by the August floods.
Here is her plan:
- Fill vacant positions with capable employees
- Readdress drainage and pumping capacity in the city
- Improve communication and interactions between Department of Public Works and Sewerage and Water Board
- Make sure projects are fiscally sound
- Reassess daily operations with customer service
- Move towards electronic metering
- Review billing practices
- Raising wages for Sewerage and Water Board employees
For a recap of Fox 8 Local First's Campaign 2017 coverage, click here.