NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) - The following schools in the Metro Area will be closed on Friday, December 8, due to Winter weather in the area. If you do not see your school on this list please call your district offices or resume activities as normal. This list will be constantly updated.
Schools to remain OPEN:
- The Jefferson Parish Public School System will be open tomorrow, Friday, December 8, 2017. After several updates from the National Weather Service and the Jefferson Parish Emergency Management Department, it has been determined that the inclement weather is not predicted to negatively impact the south shore. We will operate on our normal schedule.
All Catholic Schools in both Terrebonne and Lafourche Parishes are OPEN today. Central Catholic High School and Holy Cross Elementary in St. Mary Parish are closed.
- ACT in Mandeville at Lakeshore High School is canceled; Slidell test is still ON
- The ACT scheduled for Saturday at Covington High School is canceled. A retest will be scheduled at a later date.
- St. James Parish Public Schools
- Holy Cross Elementary in Morgan City and Central Catholic High School in Morgan City
- All Bogalusa City Schools
- Washington Parish Catholic Schools
- St. John the Baptist Parish Public Schools
- St. John the Baptist Parish Catholic Schools
- All St. Tammany Parish Schools and offices
- St. Tammany Parish Catholic Schools
- First Baptist Child Development Center - Slidell, LA
- First Baptist Christian School - Slidell, LA
- Northshore Technical Community College
- All Tangipahoa Parish Schools and offices
- Poplarville School District
- Pearl River County Schools
- Poplarville Campus of Pearl River Community College
- Heritage Christian Academy
- The LSVI schools
- Elan Academy, Orleans Parish
To keep up with the latest on the snow forecast for your area, download Your Weather Authority weather app at fox8live.com/apps.