NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Red Bean Hummus
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 cup pecans
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp or more of extra-virgin olive oil or pecan oil
3/4 tsp ground cumin or chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 15 oz can of red beans
1 tsp jalapeno hot sauce
3 6 in pitas
Place garlic in food processor, finely chop. Toast pecans, then add to processor, process until
smooth. Add the next 6 ingredients, process until smooth. Spoon into a bowl.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes, turning once.
(Or use store bought pita chips.)
About Crescent City Cooks:
We are a cooking school with a culinary store. We have more than kitchen gadgets, we have anything to do with entertaining from platters to place setting to local artist pieces to party supplies.
Store Hours: 9-6 Sun-Wed 9-7 Thur- Sat 2 to 3 classes daily.
- Morning- 10 am demonstrations classes
- Afternoon- 2pm hands on classes
- Evening- 6:30pm Corporate and large groups
Class times and types are flexible.
We consider our classes "More fun than formal" but we can certainly handle the foodie crowd as well.
We also change menus for locals, to include other dishes besides the usual gumbo, jambalaya, étouffée etc
What's fun is we have competitions between locals and have blind taste tests. We encourage our guests to bring in any special ingredient that they think might make theirs the winner.
Things we hear often from our guests
- best food we had in New Orleans
- best time we had in New Orleans
- highlight of our trip
- I didn't really want to sit in a cooking class but he/she dragged me along and this was the best thing I did while here! So much fun!
- I come to New Orleans a good bit and I always come to Crescent City Cooks, it's my favorite store in the quarter
Check out our Facebook page for the most accurate information. If you want to book a class, go to our website, www.CrescentCityCooks.com.
Crescent City Cooks! 201 Chartres St New Orleans, La 70130 (504)529-1600 www.crescentcitycooks.com.