Recipe adapted by the USDA from the Kansas Family Nutrition Project
2 cups flour
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 3/4 cup lowfat milk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, combine egg, canned pumpkin, milk and vegetable oil, mixing well.
3. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Batter may be lumpy. (For thinner batter, add more milk).
4. Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium.
5. Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour batter onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles begin to burst, then flip pancakes and cook until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Makes about 1 dozen 3 1/2 inch pancakes.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.