NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) -Parents have until Friday to enroll students in the lottery system for enrollment into Orleans Parish schools.
The main round of Oneapp closes Friday.
The Orleans Parish School Board through OneApp provides students and families with the opportunity to choose a school that best suits their interests and needs through the centralized enrollment process. This speaks to the focus named in our vision that every student receives a high-quality education that fosters his or her individual capabilities.
Families need to submit a OneApp application for the 2019-2020 school year if their student meets any of the following criteria:
- The student is new to New Orleans or new to public schools
- The student is seeking to transfer from their current school to a new school for the 2019-2020 school year
- The student is in a transitional grade, meaning their current school does not offer their expected grade next school year
Families who would like to remain at their current school should not submit a OneApp application.
Parents are also reminded that applying earlier in the main round does not increase their likelihood of assignment, according to OPSB.
Before submitting an application for next school year, the OPSB encourages families to research school choices. To assist in this process EnrollNOLA provides several resources:
- School profiles: K-12 schools and Early Childhood school profiles provide information on school location, grades served, school performance and extracurriculars. To filter the school options, click “Find” and select whichever criteria is important to your family in selecting a school.
- The School Guide: The EnrollNOLA School Guide offers a print version of schools’ online profiles, and includes how performance data is calculated, citywide data and more. Hard copies are available at Family Resource Centers.
- Guidance for Families:These additional resources can assist you in making smart school choices, filling out an online application and more.
Those seeking a school for the current school year (Fall 2018 – Summer 2019) should visit an OPSB Family Resource Center to enroll.