NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Update: The project has been delayed one day due to a personnel matter, according to workers.
Drivers in Metairie should prepare to add some extra time to their trip when driving around the area.
Beginning on April 15, Jefferson Parish will upgrade traffic signal controllers and cabinets daily between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. in several locations.
- Division Street and Veterans Boulevard
- Edenborn Avenue and Veterans Boulevard
- Severn Avenue and Veterans Boulevard
- Lakeside Driveway and Veterans Boulevard
- Lakeside Driveway and Severn Avenue
- Causeway Boulevard and Veterans Boulevard
- Driveway at 2900 Veterans Boulevard
- Clifford Drive and Veterans Boulevard U-Turn Lane
- Aurora Avenue and Veterans Boulevard
- Elmeer Avenue and Veterans Boulevard
- Causeway Boulevard and 22nd Street
During the upgrades, turning traffic will be eliminated and detour to the nearest intersection. Through traffic will be directed through the intersections with stop signs.
The work is estimated to cost $100,000 and should be finished on May 1.