BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - The Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge has added another name to its list of clergy members credibly accused of abuse.
The additions come one year after the diocese released the list.
Fr. George Gensler, has been added to the list of credibly accused of abuse, bringing the total number of accused clergy members to 45.
Gensler is accused of abuse during the late 1970s and from 1984 to 1998. The diocese says it received reports of abuse allegedly committed by Gensler in 1994, 2018, and 2020.
The Diocese of Baton Rouge encourages community members to report known or suspected child abuse immediately to law enforcement or to the Department of Children and Family Services at 855-452-5437. Any allegations of sexual abuse regarding children or vulnerable adults involving clergy or representatives of the church should then be reported to Amy Cordon, the Diocesan Victim Assistance Coordinator, at 225-242-0250.
The updated list can be accessed by clicking the link here.
- 8 clergymen who worked in Baton Rouge area included on list of sex abusers from Archdiocese of New Orleans
- Victims group presses church leadership, AG’s office to push for statewide investigations of ‘pedophile priest’ allegations
- Jesuits release list of members credibly accused of sex abuse; Jesuit HS, Loyola respond
- Advocates call for priest abuse list to also include names of those who helped with cover-ups
- Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge announces independent review for sexual abuse allegations, plans to release names of accused in 2019