Louisiana surpasses 5,000 deaths from COVID-19 as it begins Phase 3 of recovery
BATON ROUGE, La. (WVUE) -The Louisiana Dept. of Health is reporting more than 155,000 cases of Coronavirus in the state.
As of Friday, Sept. 11, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following cases for the state:
- 156,174 total cases (844 new cases)
- 5,032 deaths (41 additional deaths)
- 723 patients in the hospital
- 117 patients on ventilators
- 140,440 patients recovered (As of Sept. 7)
Governor John Bel Edwards announced Thursday that he will allow Phase 2 to expire on September 11 and Louisiana will move into Phase 3 of recovery.
Coronavirus spreads from an infected person to others through:
- Respiratory droplets produced when coughing and sneezing
- Close personal contact
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.
Copyright 2020 WVUE. All rights reserved.
Click Here to report a typo.