NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Here’s a list of places people can find sandbags as Hurricane Delta approaches. This list will be updates as information becomes available.
Wednesday, October 7th Time: 8AM-12PM Location: Arthur Monday Center, 1111 Newton St. (No ID required).
ST. CHARLES PARISH
All sandbag locations will be open tomorrow morning and parish officials will be checking for IDs. Residents should only take what they need and bring their own shovels.
ST. TAMMMANY PARISH
The St. Tammany Parish Department of Public Works will open six self-serve sandbag locations beginning Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 2 p.m. All locations (with the exception of the Old Levee District Site) will have personnel on-hand to assist the elderly or infirmed. All will remain open until 6 p.m. All locations will re-open Wednesday, October 7, 2020 and Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 7 a.m. and remain open until 6 p.m.
- 21410 Koop Dr., Mandeville
- 34783 Grantham College Rd, Slidell, La
- 61134 Military Road (Hwy 190) Slidell, La.
- 63119 Highway 1090 in Pearl River
- 63131 Fish Hatchery Road, Lacombe
- 1305 N. Florida Street, Covington
ST. JOHN PARISH
Sandbag sites to open from 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Tuesday. Sites will reopen Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- St. John Community Center - LaPlace
- Railroad Avenue Fire Station - Reserve
- Ezekiel Jackson Park - Garyville
- Juan Anthony Joseph Memorial Park - Edgard
- Wallace Fire Station
- Lucy Fire Station
- Pleasure Bend Fire Station
Pre-filled sandbags for elderly and disabled:
(Limit 10 pre-filled).
- 425 Captain G. Bourgeois, LaPlace
ST. JAMES PARISH
Five self-service sandbagging locations will open tomorrow morning. Sand and bags are available; please bring a shovel to fill sandbags.
- Grand Point Fire Station - 32122 Highway 642 Paulina, LA 70763
- Vacherie Fire Training Center - 29126 Health Unit St. Vacherie, LA 70090
- Kingview Street Fire Station - 8120 Kingview Street, St. James, LA 70086
- Gramercy Water Plant - 407 East Jefferson Highway, Gramercy, LA 70052
- Lutcher Water Plant - 1132 Lutcher Avenue, Lutcher, LA 70071
Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller said self-serve sandbag stations will be set up at the main fire station in each of the following communities: Natalbany, Loranger, Husser, Wilmer, Kentwood, and Independence.
In the 8th Ward, sandbag stations will be set up at the fire station on LA 445 and at the new station on LA 22 east in Bedico. In Ponchatoula, the fire stations on LA 22 east and west of the city limits will have self-serve sandbag stations, as will the Hammond Baptist Fire Station.
The Hancock County Emergency Management Agency will have self-serve sand and sand bags at the following locations beginning Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. Please bring your own shovel.
If you need assistance with getting the sand-bags, please contact the Hancock County Emergency Management Agency at 228-255-0942 or Hancock County Central Dispatch at 228-255-9191.
- Old Hancock County Complex, 3068 Longfellow Drive
- Lakeshore Community Center, 6440 Lower Bay Road
- Bayside Fire Department, 6215 West Hinds Street
- West Hancock Fire Department, 16006 Washington Street
- Diamondhead City Hall, 5000 Diamondhead Circle
Copyright 2020 WVUE. All rights reserved.