NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - The Louisiana Dept. of Health is reporting more than 2,000 COVID-19 patients in hospitals statewide.
As of Thursday, Jan. 7, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following cases for the state:
- 338,054 total cases (4,526 new cases)
- 7,728 deaths (47 additional deaths)
- 2,033 patients in the hospital
- 219 patients on ventilators
- 280,373 patients recovered (as of Jan. 4)
On Wednesday, New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell announced the city will be rolling back to a modified Phase 1, after reporting the highest single-daily total of new cases and hospitalizations since the beginning of the pandemic.
Copyright 2021 WVUE. All rights reserved.