School, other closures due to Hurricane Ida
(WVUE) - Hurricane Ida is forecast to be a dangerous Category 4 storm when it comes ashore late Sunday. The following universities, colleges and school districts have announced closures in anticipation of the storm.
The following schools are closed Monday, Aug. 30:
- Jefferson Parish
- Lafourche Parish
- Orleans Parish
- Plaquemines Parish
- St. Bernard Parish
- St. Charles Parish
- St. Tammany Parish
- Tangipahoa Parish
- Terrebonne Parish
- All Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of New Orleans
- Delgado College is closed until Tuesday, Aug. 31.
- Delta College of Baton Rouge
- Herzing University in Metairie will be closing all operations this weekend and Monday. They are anticipating to reopen on Tuesday, Aug. 31.
- The University of Holy Cross has canceled all in-person and remote classes scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 28 and Monday, Aug. 30.
- Loyola University New Orleans is closed through Monday, Aug. 30.
- UNO has canceled all classes for today that were scheduled for noon or later. Classes for Monday, Aug. 30 are also canceled; essential employed will report to work.
- Southern University at New Orleans to close at 2 p.m. and re-open Tuesday, August 31, weather permitting.
- Xavier University will close at 5 p.m. today and remained closed through Tuesday.
- All NORD (New Orleans Recreation District) facilities are closed through Monday, Aug. 30.
- Artivism Dance Theater is closed Saturday and Sunday
- North Oaks Urgent Care Clinics in Hammond, Ponchatoula and Walker are closed from Saturday at 4 p.m. through Monday
- Ochsner Urgent Cares, clinics and Covid-19 testing and vaccine locations in Greater New Orleans, Baton Rouge, the Northshore and Bayou regions are closed through Monday
- The United States Postal Service has suspended indefinitely mail deliveries and retail operations in the 700, 701 and 703-708 Zip Code areas
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Click Here to report it. Please include the headline.
Copyright 2021 WVUE. All rights reserved.