School reopening plans following tropical weather
NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Schools in the Fox 8 viewing area have adjusted their reopening plans following Hurricane Ida and Tropical Storm Nicholas.
- The first day for students at tier 1 schools is planned for September 20, tier 2 schools September 24, and tier 3 schools October 1.
- JP Schools Reopening Frequently Asked Questions
- Dr. Gray’s Letter to Employees & Families
St. Charles Parish
St. James Parish
St. John Baptist Parish
- All St. Tammany Parish public schools and offices will reopen on Monday, September 13.
- Due to the rain and potential flooding expected from Hurricane Nicholas and the interruption of repairs to our buildings due to heavy rains, we will not reopen our schools this week as planned.
- We TENTATIVELY plan to reopen ALL schools to students on Tuesday, September 21, 2021. School employees will TENTATIVELY report on Monday, September 20, 2021.
- Public Schools will reopen on Monday, Sept. 13
- Orleans public schools to reopen between Sept. 15 and 22
- Catholic schools to reopen from Sept. 13-20, except St. Charles and St. John Parishes
- Louise McGehee closed through Sept. 13 at least
- Trinity Episcopal School will reopen on Monday, September 13
- All public schools closed until further notice
- All Washington Parish Schools are set to resume on Sept. 7
Colleges and Universities
- The University of Holy Cross - Classes resume Sept. 18
- UNO - Classes are tentatively set to resume Sept. 13
- Loyola - Virtual classes on Sept. 13 for at least a week. Campus on Sept. 20. Fall break on Oct. 11-12 canceled.
- Herzing University in Metairie says classes start Sept. 8.
- Delgado Community College Closed at least through Friday, Sept. 10. Remote Sept. 13-24.
- Tulane University is canceling classes through Sunday, September 12. Classes will resume online on Monday, September 13 through Wednesday, October 6. In-person learning will resume by Oct. 11.
- Xavier University Classes resume remotely on Sept. 7.
- Southern University’s Baton Rouge campuses will be closed through Labor Day, Sept. 6.
- Southern University at New Orleans (SUNO) will remain closed through Friday. Classes resume Sept. 13.
- Nunez Community College will remain closed through at least, Sept. 12.
- Northshore Technical Community College plans to reopen on Sept. 13.
- Dillard University - Dillard says some parts of campus have power, but most are still in the dark. They plan to provide a timeline for a return to classes once an assessment of the campus is completed.
- LSU - Classes resume Tuesday, Sept. 7.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Click Here to report it. Please include the headline.
Copyright 2021 WVUE. All rights reserved.