By the Numbers: Odd stats heading into week 10
NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Before the Saints head into Nissan Stadium to face the Derrick Henry-less Titans at noon on Sunday, here’s a look behind the action with some numbers, stats, and all-around fun facts that make this matchup what it is:
- 16th meeting between Saints and Titans
- All-time, the Oilers/Titans lead the series 8-6-1
- Since being renamed in 1999, the Titans are 4-2 vs. the Saints
- The Saints have won the last two contests at Nissan Stadium
- This is the second straight meeting that Derrick Henry has not played in
- In the last meeting, there were a combined 12 punts for 543 total yards
- First time since 2003 that the Saints will face the Titans with a QB not named Drew Brees
- Saints haven’t lost in Nashville since 2003
- In Trevor Siemian’s one start against the Titans in 2016, he completed 35 passes for 334 yards and one touchdown, the Broncos lost that game 13-10
- Trevor Siemian has never faced off against Ryan Tannehill
- Siemian has not started a game against an AFC opponent since Week 15, 2017
- Saints have a 42-21 record in the month of November since 2006 under Sean Payton
We’ll be back next week with some more numbers as the Saints visit the city of brotherly love to take on the Philadelphia Eagles.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Click Here to report it. Please include the headline.
Copyright 2021 WVUE. All rights reserved.