Astros vs. White Sox: Odds, spread, over/under - April 1
Yordan Alvarez will lead the charge for the Houston Astros (1-1) on Saturday, April 1, when they take on Elvis Andrus and the Chicago White Sox (1-1) in an early-season game at Minute Maid Park at 2:10 PM ET.
The White Sox are listed as +115 moneyline underdogs for this matchup against the favorite Astros (-140). The total is 8.5 runs for this contest (with -115 odds on the over and -105 odds to go under).
Astros vs. White Sox Time and TV Channel
- Date: Saturday, April 1, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Probable Pitchers: Jose Urquidy - HOU (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs Lucas Giolito - CHW (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to fuboTV!
Astros vs. White Sox Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Check out the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup listed at individual sportsbooks.
|Astros Moneyline||White Sox Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-135||+115||-||8.5||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-140||+115||-||8.5||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-141||+120||-||-||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-125||+105||Astros (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
Looking to bet on the Astros versus White Sox game but don't know where to start? Consider some of the most common betting types, such as the moneyline, run line, and total. A moneyline bet, such as the Astros (-140) in this matchup, means that you think the Astros will win, simple as that! And if they do, and you bet $10, you'd get $17.14 back.
There are lots of other ways to play, too. You can wager on player props (will Yordan Alvarez hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from different games to multiply your potential winnings), and more. For more details on the many ways you can wager, check out the BetMGM app and website.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Astros vs. White Sox Betting Trends and Insights
- The Astros were favorites in 149 games last season and won 103 (69.1%) of those contests.
- The Astros had a record of 85-33, a 72% win rate, when they were favored by -140 or more by sportsbooks last season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 58.3% chance of a victory for Houston.
- The Astros averaged 1.4 homers per home game last season (116 total at home).
- Houston had a .448 slugging percentage and averaged 3.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The White Sox were chosen as underdogs in 54 games last year and walked away with the win 24 times (44.4%) in those games.
- Last year, the White Sox won 12 of 30 games when listed as at least +115 on the moneyline.
- Chicago averaged 0.9 homers per game when playing on the road last season (72 total in road contests).
- The White Sox averaged 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .391 away from home.
Astros vs. White Sox Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Alex Bregman||0.5 (-238)||1.5 (+115)||0.5 (+425)||0.5 (+180)|
|José Abreu||-||1.5 (+115)||0.5 (+525)||0.5 (+180)|
|Yordan Alvarez||0.5 (-200)||1.5 (+125)||0.5 (+310)||0.5 (+165)|
|Jeremy Pena||0.5 (-250)||1.5 (+125)||0.5 (+575)||0.5 (+240)|
|Mauricio Dubon||0.5 (-154)||0.5 (-154)||0.5 (+875)||0.5 (+275)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Astros, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Astros Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||AL West Rank|
|Win World Series||+600||1st||1st|
|Win AL West||-184||-||1st|
Think the Astros can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Houston and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.