Astros vs. Athletics: Odds, spread, over/under - May 28
Yordan Alvarez and the Houston Astros (30-21) will be eyeing a series sweep when they face off against Brent Rooker and the Oakland Athletics (10-44) at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum on Sunday, May 28. First pitch is set for 4:07 PM ET.
The Astros are the favorite in this one, at -275, while the underdog Athletics have +220 odds to win. Houston is favored on the run line (-2.5). The total for the game has been listed at 8.5 runs.
Astros vs. Athletics Time and TV Channel
- Date: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Time: 4:07 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CA
- Location: Oakland, California
- Venue: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
- Probable Pitchers: Cristian Javier - HOU (5-1, 3.07 ERA) vs Ken Waldichuk - OAK (1-4, 7.40 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Astros vs. Athletics Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Take a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup across multiple sportsbooks.
|Astros Moneyline||Athletics Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-275||+230||Astros (-1.5)||8.5||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-275||+220||Astros (-2.5)||8.5||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-278||+220||Astros (-1.5)||8.5||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-250||+210||Astros (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
Wanting to put money on the Astros and Athletics game but aren't sure how to get started? Here's a quick breakdown. Some of the most common betting types include the moneyline, run line, and total. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- the Astros (-275), for instance -- will win. It's that easy! If the Astros win, and you bet $10, you'd get $13.64 back.
There are many other ways to bet, too. You can wager on player props (will Yordan Alvarez hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from different games to multiply your potential winnings), and more. For more details on the many ways you can wager, check out the BetMGM app and website.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Read More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Athletics Pitching Matchup|
|Astros vs Athletics Player Props|
|How to Watch Astros vs Athletics|
|Astros vs Athletics Prediction|
Astros vs. Athletics Betting Trends and Insights
- The Astros have entered the game as favorites 36 times this season and won 21, or 58.3%, of those games.
- The Astros have gone 4-1 (winning 80% of their games) when they have played as moneyline favorites of -275 or shorter.
- The implied probability of a win from Houston, based on the moneyline, is 73.3%.
- The Astros went 8-1 across the nine games they were favored on the moneyline in their last 10 matchups.
- Over its last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), Houston and its opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
- The Athletics have been victorious in 10, or 19.2%, of the 52 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- The Athletics have won all of their eight games in which they were named as at least a +220 moneyline underdog.
- The Athletics have played as underdogs 10 times over their past 10 games and lost each of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, Oakland and its opponents are 2-8-0 in the last 10 games with a total.
Astros vs. Athletics Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Yordan Alvarez||0.5 (-227)||1.5 (+115)||0.5 (+320)||0.5 (+135)|
|Jose Altuve||0.5 (-238)||1.5 (+110)||0.5 (+575)||0.5 (+195)|
|José Abreu||0.5 (-250)||1.5 (+120)||0.5 (+575)||0.5 (+150)|
|Kyle Tucker||0.5 (-250)||1.5 (+120)||0.5 (+450)||0.5 (+140)|
|Alex Bregman||0.5 (-200)||1.5 (+140)||0.5 (+550)||0.5 (+140)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Astros, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Astros Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||AL West Rank|
|Win World Series||+650||3rd||1st|
|Win AL West||-130||-||1st|
Think the Astros can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Houston and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.