SMU vs. West Virginia Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - November 20
Monday's contest that pits the SMU Mustangs (3-1) against the West Virginia Mountaineers (2-1) at Suncoast Credit Union Arena has a projected final score of 71-67 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of SMU, who is a small favorite in this matchup according to our model. Game time is at 8:30 PM on November 20.
According to our computer prediction, SMU should cover the point spread, which is listed at 3.5. The two sides are projected to fall short of the 143.5 total.
SMU vs. West Virginia Game Info & Odds
- Date: Monday, November 20, 2023
- Time: 8:30 PM ET
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Where: Cypress Lake, Florida
- Venue: Suncoast Credit Union Arena
- Line: SMU -3.5
- Point Total: 143.5
- Moneyline (To Win): SMU -185, West Virginia +150
Place your bets on any college basketball matchup at BetMGM, and sign up with our link for a first-time deposit bonus!
SMU vs. West Virginia Score Prediction
- Prediction: SMU 71, West Virginia 67
Spread & Total Prediction for SMU vs. West Virginia
- Pick ATS: SMU (-3.5)
- Pick OU: Under (143.5)
Sportsbook Promo Codes
Bet on this or any college basketball matchup at BetMGM
SMU Performance Insights
- With 70.3 points scored per game and 75.6 points allowed last year, SMU was 205th in the nation offensively and 323rd defensively.
- The Mustangs were 210th in college basketball in rebounds per game (31.3) and 329th in rebounds conceded (33.9) last season.
- Last season SMU was ranked 136th in college basketball in assists with 13.6 per game.
- At 6.3 made 3-pointers per game and shooting 31.1% from beyond the arc last year, the Mustangs were 288th and 329th in the country, respectively, in those categories.
- Giving up 7.7 3-pointers per game and conceding 34.9% from downtown last season, SMU was 240th and 256th in the country, respectively, in those categories.
- SMU took 33.7% percent of its shots from beyond the arc last year, and 66.3% percent from inside it. In terms of makes, 24.8% of SMU's buckets were 3-pointers, and 75.2% were 2-pointers.
West Virginia Performance Insights
- West Virginia was 74th in the country last season with 76 points per game. At the other end of the court, it ranked 204th with 70.9 points allowed per contest.
- The Mountaineers pulled down 31.4 boards per game (201st-ranked in college basketball) last season, while allowing 29 rebounds per contest (53rd-ranked).
- West Virginia ranked 179th in college basketball with 13 dimes per contest.
- The Mountaineers ranked 235th in college basketball with 12.4 turnovers per game last season. Meanwhile, they ranked 40th with 14.1 forced turnovers per game.
- The Mountaineers were 192nd in the nation with 7.3 treys per game last year. Meanwhile, they ranked 132nd with a 35% shooting percentage from beyond the arc.
- West Virginia ranked 82nd in college basketball with 6.5 threes allowed per game. Meanwhile, it ranked 199th with a 34% shooting percentage allowed from downtown.
- In terms of shot breakdown, West Virginia took 63.7% two-pointers (accounting for 71.9% of the team's baskets) and 36.3% from beyond the arc (28.1%).
Rep your team with officially licensed college basketball gear! Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.