Shrimp and Grits
- 3,5 ozw garlic, chopped
- 3,5 ozw shallots, chopped
- 1 ozw rosemary, stemmed and leaves chopped
- 5 ozl Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 bottle Abita Amber
- ½ cup curly parsley, stemmed and leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 # unsalted butter
- 1. Chop shallots and garlic.
- 2. Take stems of the rosemary and chop.
- 3. Chop parsley and reserve.
- 4. Glaze the shallots and garlic with a little oil, add all the other ingredients except for the parsley and reduce by half, let cool.
- 5. Whip the butter till white.
- 6. Add the reduction and the chopped parsley and mix till fully incorporated.
1 quart milk
1 cup (unsalted) butter
1 quart half & half milk
1 Tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups grits
Combine all ingredients, except for grits, and bring to a boil. Slowly stir in the grits. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Yield is 3 quarts