THE MORTUARY EXPRESS PASS CONTEST 2017 - Contest Rules
- style="text-align:justify;border:none;">Promotion Description. THE MORTUARY EXPRESS PASS CONTEST 2017 -This promotion is sponsored by WVUE FOX 8 1025 S. Jefferson Davis Pkwy, New Orleans, LA 70125, (“Sponsor(s)”). The promotion begins at Monday, October 2, 2017 and ends at Friday, October 13, 2017. Entries must be received by 11:59pm. on Friday, October 13, 2017. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- style="text-align:justify;border:none;">Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station’s viewing area: [Washington Parish, LA., Lafourche Parish, LA., Tangipahoa Parish, LA., Terrebonne Parish, LA., St. James Parish, LA., Plaquemines Parish, LA., St. John the Baptist Parish LA., St Charles Parish LA., St Bernard Parish LA., St. Tammany Parish LA., Jefferson Parish LA., Orleans Parish LA., Hancock County, MS. and Pearl River County, MS., who are Mississippi (21) Louisiana (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of WVUE-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per [e-mail address] will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Text and messaging rates may apply.
- style="text-align:justify;border:none;">How to Enter. There is 1 way to enter this promotion.
- style="text-align:justify;border:none;">Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic works contained in his/her entry, including any images, music, videos, and/or literary or written content. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsor(s), and that he/she has secured all third party rights, including but not limited to copyrights and privacy rights, contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, each entrant grants Sponsor(s) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. If at any time Sponsor(s) receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsor(s) broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant’s failure to secure or possess any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion. Please see our website’s Terms of Service for terms and conditions on content submissions.
- Prize(s). Ten (10) Winners
Ten (10) winners will each receive two (2) EXPRESS tickets to The Mortuary Haunted House, located at 4800 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA. ARV (Approximate Retail Value): $85.00 (eighty-five dollars). Tickets are valid on any night October 6-31, 2017. EXPRESS tickets get the bearer to the front of the line.
- style="text-align:justify;border:none;">No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- style="text-align:justify;border:none;">How the Prizes are Awarded. The prizes will be picked up by the winner at WVUE FOX 8 at 1025 S. Jefferson Davis PKWY, New Orleans, LA 70125 by October 27, 2017 at 5:00pm, between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on weekdays. Five winners will be drawn at random on Friday, October 6, 2017 by noon and another five will be drawn at random on Monday, October 16, 2017.
- style="text-align:justify;border:none;">Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- style="text-align:justify;border:none;">Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A driver’s license, appropriate picture identification, or other proof that entrant is the owner of an account or profile is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release within 15 days of selection notification. Failing compliance with any of these conditions, the winner will forfeit his/her selection and Sponsor(s) shall have the right but not the obligation to select another winner(s) based on the original judging criteria. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Thursday, October 5, 2017 or the prize will be forfeited.
- style="text-align:justify;border:none;">Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, defamation, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, false light, copyright or trademark infringement, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering this promotion, entrant fully and completely releases the Social Media Sites from any liability associated with or related to participation in this promotion.
- style="text-align:justify;border:none;">Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WVUE-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WVUE-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).