Campaign Promises: Cantrell on Economic Development
NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) - LaToya Cantrell made history when she became the first female mayor of The City of New Orleans.
During her campaign, Cantrell said businesses wanting to relocate to New Orleans first need clear guidelines on contracts that aren't tied to any politics.
Here is how she says she will improve the city's development:
Businesses looking to come to New Orleans will have criteria and guidelines that are clear in instruction and not tied to politics
- Being open and honest with what the city has to offer
- Encourage businesses to take a chance on the city
- Change culture from “why not” to “whatever it takes” to grow the city
- Hands on and boots on the ground mentality when addressing development
- Set benchmarks with New Orleans Business Alliance to produce growth and opportunity
For a recap of Fox 8 Local First's Campaign 2017 coverage, click here.