Coast Guard searching for overdue vessel
NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) - The Coast Guard announced Tuesday that it is searching for an overdue vessel with two people aboard.
According to the news release issued by the Coast Guard, watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector New Orleans received a report that a 23-foot white Mako commercial fishing vessel was last known to be approximately 10 miles west of the Southwest Pass jetties in the Gulf of Mexico.
The Coast Guard said it did not return when expected.
One of the missing person on board is Tuan Nguyen, described as being Vietnamese and 5-foot 6-inches, according to the report. There is no description available for the other person on board.
Those assisting in the search are:
- HC-144 Ocean Sentry aircrew from Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile
- MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew from Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans
- 45-foot Response Boat-Medium from Coast Guard Station Venice
- Coast Guard Cutter Vigilant
- 3 good Samaritan fishing vessels
Anyone with information is requested to contact Coast Guard Sector New Orleans at (800) 874-2153.